Thursday, September 30, 2010

ZAP! KA-POW! BANG!

Well, ok the transfer wasn't that noisy or rough, but I did run into a few hiccups.

First I found out that there is a gold limit on the character your transferring. Level 80 characters and only be transferred with 20K gold, level 70-79 can only take 10K, and the amounts drop after that. I guess the old saying is right, "You can't take it with you." Fortunately, this miserly and crafty old gamer had a trick up his sleeve. I decided that I would send the difference of my purse to the 2 other alts that I transferred with me. Problem solved, right? Wrong because I still had too much. What to do, what to do?

Then it struck me. Silly druid, buy things off the Auction House that you'll definitely need. So i took the remaining surplus and feeling like the federal government, I spent it on items I knew I would need to continue my marketing ways on my new server. So I loaded up on Arctic Fur and Frost Lotus and logged off. I was ready to begin the transfer... or so I thought.

After logging into the Account Maintenance section of WOW, I found out that there are some stipulations that have to be cleared up (in addition to the character level/gold cap) before you can transfer servers.
I knew that having mail remain in your mailbox will automatically prevent you from transferring a character, but I completely forgot all about arena teams. So here I go and log back into the game to see what arena teams I was still on. I know what you're thinking, "Bacon, you don't know what arena teams your on?" And answer to that is a big, fat NO. I haven't done arenas in close to a year so I don't remember what teams I am or who even is on those teams with me.

So my druid finally loads and sure enuff, right dar I am the owner of a 2v2 and 3v3 teams. There's no one else in the list but me and according to the WOW site, I have to disband these. But the so not user friendly site that WOW is doesn't provide the command for how to disband said teams. UGH! But I am not to be deterred and using my other online friend, Google. From a quick search, I find out that a simple /disband 2v2 will disband said arena team. Hooray!!!

So having severed all ties from Altar of Storms, I am no free to move onto my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment