Thursday, September 30, 2010

About Bacon in regard to WOW

Some of you may have read my past blog accounts under Bacondrippings, but I thought it was only fair to let all new comers know who I am and what I am about.

I started playing the game World of Warcraft back in the summer of 2005 or was it fall of 2005? It doesn't matter, the thing is I didn't jump on the bandwagon immediately as I have played another MMO in the past (Everquest) and I wasn't sure how much fun this new one was going to be. Was I wrong. It turned out to be pretty fun Of course, I don't have the addictions to it like some people, but it has become a hobby more so than a game.

Anyway, I currently play a Night Elf druid on the server Kel'Thuzad by the name of Baconette. Baconette used to be a male druid under the name of Baconstrip, but after I grew tired of the male version of Bacon and switched him over to being a female night elf (hence the name Baconette). Baconette used to be on the server Altar of Storms where there exists a huge horde/alliance imbalance and it wasn't being very conduscive to enjoying the game. Seriously the horde outnumber the Alliance to such an extent that it's better to just transfer servers where you have a fighting chance.

Being a druid since classic WOW (I refuse to call it Vanilla because vanilla implies that the original game was plain and boring), I started out feral leveling up to 60. It was at that point I was asked if I wanted to try out a healing spec. Why not? Since then my druid has primarily been a resto druid. I don't mind it too much, but I've been healing through Classic WoW, The Burning Crusade (2nd Expansion pack), and now The Wrath of the Lich King (3rd expansion pack). To break up the cycle, I've being gearing Baconette to tank. That's what I love about the druid and it's versatility. Plus I find being a healer first has made me a better tank.
So during the life of this blog, I may break off into a tank subject or two, only to switch gears and talk about healing and resto.

Just as a warning, I'm not going to blog exclusively about the game of World of Warcraft and I'll probably express some of my personal prerogatives on other subject. So if you stumble across a post of mine that ventures off into something you don't agree with, then I suggest you move on and come back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment