Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crippled, But not for long

I haven't posted in awhile as I have been super busy at work and at the house. However, as you can see that I have submitted a post, all things have calmed down around the house. As for work, well work is never going to change. Things like that happen when you have a development group with no leadership or involved management.
But I have made good progress in terms of the game once I got all this other real life stuff behind me.

First, I finished out almost the quest lines in the Twilight Highlands. I though it was an interesting zone and quite diverse in the storylines. You enable the Alliance a chance to establish a foothold on the area, work with the Wildhammer Clan wedding, help the Earthen Ring shamans purge the area of some Sarlack type creature (which was cool), assist the Lifebender in fighting DeathWing, and finally help SI:7 in preventing the Twilight guys from attaining some weapon (I haven't finished this one yet, but I intend to). Overall, I did enough quests to finish the requirement for the achievement. The bonuses in doing all these quests was that I was able to upgrade some gear. I picked up the healing mace from the Crucible series, and some healing items from quest rewards. I also went past honored with the Wildhammer Clan which allowed me to upgrade my tanking pants and healing shoulders.
After all that, I went and respecced to resto. The one thing I hated about that was I had to buy 'Dust of Disappearance' in order to redo my glyphs. This is something I am quite nervous about because I pride myself on doing a good job and I would hate to screw things up for anyone (especially my guildmates). One of the things that doesn't help in all this is that I have been reading resto/healing blogs and all the horrors that the game's best are getting from PuGs and an unforgiving player base. Is that something I want to deal with after dealing with people like that at work all day? It really makes me scratch my head. I'm sure of my abilities to heal and tank, but I would prefer to do that with my guildmates.

Which brings me to point of my title, Crippled. Currently our band of Heroes Inc is stuck in a hiatus. We had some people not make the move over to the new server with us and now the expansion has eliminated some others. Currently we lack the bodies to man but 6 people for a raid and none of them are geared healers. I guess you could say Cataclysm has crippled us to point. But we're resilient and I think once we get myself and another healer up to speed on gear, we can pug the rest of the slots. And that's how I think we'll fill the rest of our guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment