Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Slow Heal

A week ago patch 4.0.1 was released and yet here Bacon sits unspecced. What are you talking about Bacon? Why are you still there untouched?

Ah... those are good questions there. And I have some very good, yet poor reasons . Let's begin so I can get it over with.

The initial problem/delay was that the patch was extremely long in updating at the house and the wife felt the need to go to her yoga class. So this left me at home with nothing to, but pack for my trip (I'll get to that later) while the PC was updating. Therefore, I used the time to pack (as I mentioned) and spend some quality time with the boy. Sure I should have used a bit of that time to research my class changes and what I'd need come the time I can get into the game. But DAMN, I was having fun rounding up shoes with Luke on Goofey's roundup at playhousedisney.com.

The second delay came in the form in my bowling night on Wednesday nights. I'm at the bowling alley from 6 pm till 9ish pm every Wednesday. Unfortunately, there was no opportunity that night for any remote possibility to do anything with my druid.

The final and longest hiatus from the game came in the form of my trip to Baldwin, MI (see I told you I'd get to it later). Every later September to mid October I plan a trip to Michigan for the fall King Salmon run. This year it came a little later, but the salmon only run when the weather has worked them out of the lake into the rivers. And this year the weather hasn't been cooperating thus causing me to push my trip back till almost the last minute. I left on Thursday morning and didn't return to the comfortable Bacon domicile till Monday night. I suppose I could have logged in last night, but my bacon butt was dragging and I just knew that had I logged in, I would have made some bad choices regarding my spec, glyphs, gear, and keybindings.

Now that I'm done crying about all this, I'm ready to get down to work. I mean, I have to and there's a core group of friends in the guild that need me (at least I hope they still need me) to heal them throughout the remaining raid encounters that we have. I've had sometime to finish out reviewing the changes and figured out the biggest decision I have to make is to whether or not I want really, really strong and quick HoTs without much in the ways of Nourish, or do I wander in something that has fairly strong HoTs with a quicker (but still slower) Nourish. So there you have it. Tune in tomorrow to see what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment